Yesterday, Mommy and I and my friend Gracie and her Mommy went to Kercher's Orchard to pick apples. I've picked strawberries and blueberries, but I've never picked apples! Apples grow on trees! The mommies were complaining because the trees had been picked down low, and all the apples were at the very tops of the trees - next time, they said, we will use the basket-thingies on poles!
We did manage to find a few basket-fuls of apples near our height, and I picked 3 or 4 all by myself! See?!?
Mommy took a bunch of pictures of me climbing on the pumpkins for sale, and managed to get a few good shots when I wasn't making a goofy face!
Aaah, good times with good friends! Gracie and I ran through the orchard, pulled the "apple wagons" and each got a plastic apple sippy-cup full of cold apple cider - nummy! Well, It was all fun and games till I got stung on the face by a yellow-jacket and we had to go home...oh the dangers of an apple orchard and sippy cups full of cider! Don't worry; I'm OK now!
No comments:
Post a Comment