Thursday, June 2, 2011


On Memorial Day, Daddy did not have to work, so we all went to the "Amish zoo" in Topeka (Mommy said it's called Maple Lane Wildlife Farm). We saw peacocks, monkeys, tigers, bears, a camel, wallabies, elk, emus, lemurs, reindeer, tortoises, white tail deer fawns (so tiny!), a lion, llamas, and of course, horsies and pygmy goats!  We rode in a pony-pulled cart, and later, the pygmy goats climbed onto the cart!


I loved the goats, and they loved me! I hugged them and kissed them, which unsettled Mommy a little bit...


Despite how fascinating all the animals were, my favorite part by far was the playground! Daddy even got in on the fun! I cried and cried when it was time to go home!


When we got home from the "Amish zoo", I swam in my new pool for the first time of the season - I was in it for an hour and got all "pruney"! Mommy now has trouble keeping me out of the pool, and all of a sudden the doors to the deck are always locked...bummer...oh, also on Memorial Day, we had a cookout and Paw Paw and Maw Maw came over - and I swam again!




Mommy gets exasperated trying to get "good" photos of me...what can I say, I'm a HAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment